Of course, we know some diehard weekend warriors insist on conducting their own backyard boils and we say go for it! We also know those new 120 qt. aluminum pots and burners can be expensive. Don’t worry, in addition to your live crawfish, seasoning and veggies we also rent 120 quart pots and burners.
One call – that’s all! You can get all of the supplies you need for you backyard boil in one trip to Cajun Crawfish Company. No one else in Dallas has our same full service!
We rent or sell 120 qt. (largest) aluminum pots/baskets, burner units as well as a fish fryers.
When you buy or rent from us and we will tell you exactly how we season the meat you eat …. not the shell you throw to your feet!
We will coach you through the whole process so we make sure you look like a Rock Star!
What do we want in return? Referrals and more sales!
YOUR GUIDE TO
We get asked all the time how to boil crawfish. So, we decided to share our tride and true technique with you. Watch the videos provided here to see how to use our specially-blended cajun seasoning and liquid boil to take your crawfish boil to the next level!
Cajun Recipe for Boiled Live Crawfish/Crayfish
- All products may be ordered from Cajun Crawfish Company
- 10 lbs. live Louisiana crawfish/crayfish
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 8-12 silver dollar sized red new potatoes
- 1 lb. dry seasoning
- 1/2 cup concentrated Cajun Crawfish boil
- 2 20-40 qt. aluminum pots
- Water to fill pots
- Strainer to scoop boiled food
- 2 top stove or double gas burners
- Bring 1/2 a pot of water to a rolling boil
- Heat 2nd pot of water to around 140-145° Farenheit
- Add your seasoning to 2nd pot. Mix well.
- Boil corn and potatoes in first pot until potatoes are soft, corn – 10 min. potatoes 15 min.
- Remove corn/new potatoes from 1st pot and move into your 2nd pot which is used for seasoning. Soak for 10-30 minutes. Longer soaking = stronger seasoning.
- Drop 10 lbs. of live crawfish in boiling pot
- Crawfish cook in around 10 minutes. They will all float to the top when they are cooked.
- Move crawfish from boiling water to your 2nd soaking pot.
- Let soak for 10-30 minutes. Try as they soak to determine your desired strength of seasoning.
- Keep boiled food in a ice chest to preserve the temperature.